1. How long will it take for my order to process?
Orders are instant and the processing for your DSL line will take 4-5 business days.
2. Is it safe to purchase your service online and will my information remain private?
Signing up for Tekcorner’s DSL service via the web is safe and secure. Our sign up page uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) 128Bit encryption. This protocol is designed to create a secure connection to our server using public key encryption to protect your personal data as it travels over the Internet.
3. Can you provide static IP addresses?
Yes, we are able to provide you with a static IP address for an additional $4/month.
4. Do you allow servers on your Network?
Yes we allow servers on our Network.. Please contact us for more information..
5. Where can I login to access my Email?
With Tekcorner mail you can login from any Frame compatible web browser connected to the Internet. This allows Tekcorner Mail to be accessible from any computer with an Internet connection.
- To access your Velcom Mail please follow the steps below:
- Open a web browser such as Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox.
- Go to the following URL www.tekcorner.ca to sign in to your Tekcorner Mail account to access your web based e-mail.
- Make sure you choose Advanced Login option there.
In the field “E-Mail Name” ensure that you enter firstname.lastname@example.org as the E-mail name. The password will be the one which was assigned upon
sign up. For “Mailserver” please put mx1.tekcorner.ca
Once these fields are filled click on the “Login” button to launch the Tekcorner Mail interface.
6. What is a POP3 account?
This is an Email account usually provided by your host or ISP.
7. What happens to the POP3 messages when I log out?
POP3 messages that you read in tekcorner.ca are not deleted from the server when you log out. If you delete a POP3 message in tekcorner.ca it is deleted from the server.
8. How do I stop other people from accessing my Email account?
You must ensure that you choose a good password and always remember to logout. When you logout, tekcorner.ca can delete your cookie and stop access to your account until you login again. tekcorner.ca will only let one person at a time log into your account.
9. I need help with my connection. How does your support work?
Please see our contact methods and times of operation here.
10. What’s the difference between Residential ADSL and Residential LAN Extension ADSL?
ADSL LAN Extension is directly connected to the Internet and does not require a PPPoE client to establish a connection. Since it does not have a PPPoE session it is faster
11. How long will it take for my DSL modem to be delivered?
The DSL modems are sent out as expedited Parcel and may take 1-3 business days for delivery. The modems are shipped out directly to your home. If no one is home at the time of delivery then the modem will be dropped off at your nearest post office. You will be required to pick up your DSL modem from the postal office.
12. Is there a setup fee for an account activation?
Yes, check installation and activation fees here.
13. Do you sell your modems?
You can check modems and prices here.
14. What’s a dynamic IP address and what’s the difference between a dynamic IP and static IP?
A Dynamic IP address is a non-permanent IP address which is automatically assigned to a client by a DHCP server. This IP is issued to the client in a lease and it has an expiration date. A Static IP address is a fixed IP address which is non-dynamic or changing. This means that your IP address and host name are stored in DNS and remain unchanged each log in.
15. What is the maximum data transfer I can use for the month?
All our service includ unlimited download.
16. What is the free hosting service?
With our free hosting service you will receive 100MB of storage space (web space). The free hosting is for subdomain hosting only. For example: YourName.tekcorner.ca.
17. What’s your POP3 server information?
Our POP3 Server is:
18. What is SMTP?
Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) is a protocol used to send and receive email.
19. What’s your SMTP server information?
Our SMTP Server is:
20. Does Tekcorner throttle or plan to throttle file transfer protocols such as Kazaa, Emule, LimeWire or Bit Torrents?
At Tekcorner we don’t throttle any bandwidth on our network nor do we plan to in the future.
21. May I cancel my Internet service anytime without any charges?
If you decide to cancel the internet service within the first month then there is a $25 cancellation fee. Nevertheless, if you decide to cancel within the second month then there will not be any cancellation charges. However, if you intend on canceling your internet service you must provide notice of the cancellation 30 days before your next bill.
22. Do I need to purchase or rent a modem to use your DSL service?
In order to use our DSL service you will require a DSL modem. You may rent or purchase a modem from Tekcorner. If the modem is not from Tekcorner, then you’ll be required to configure it with the necessary username and password. The username and password would have to be specified under the PPPoE connection settings of your DSL modem.
23. How long will it take to have the High Speed Internet activated on my line?
It may take 4-6 business days to get an active DSL line completed. Most activation are done within the 4 business days, however, some orders may take longer to complete depending on the area.
24. How would I add an email account in Microsoft Outlook Express 5.0?
The following steps are required to add an email account to Outlook Express 5.0.
- Click on Tools
- Click on Accounts
- Click on the Mail TAB at the top
- Click on (your mail account)
- Click on Properties on the right
- Click on the Servers TAB at the top
- Make Sure Remember Password has a Check Mark
- Make sure Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) is Unchecked
25. Is it possible to get ADSL without an existing phone line/land line?
Yes, it is possible to get DSL without an existing phone line. In order to have an activate DSL connection online you will have to use our DRY DSL service. Your residential address will be required to determine how far your home is from the Central Office (CO). The Band rate required from the Central Office to your home is determined by the distance from the Central Office (CO).
DRY DSL is for residential and business locations with no active phone lines (no telephone number). It can take 5 to 10 business days to get activate DRY DSL.
26. Are there any other charges that may apply to my account?
The following charges may apply if applicable.
- 1) $75 – Moving during the first month of the activation date
- 2)$75 – Internet service Upgrade
- 3) $75 – For any cancellation within the first 30 days of the activation date.
- 4) $25 – For any speed change after activation
(ex: from 15 Meg to 10 Meg, 10 Meg to 30 Meg, …)
27. Sending Payments. What’s Tekcorner’s Mailing Address?
1919 Lawrence Ave. E.
28. What Are Filters & Are They Required?
A filter is a small electronic component that fits between your phone line and a regular voice device, such as a phone or fax.
All devices in the house except the DSL modem itself must be connected through filters. The filter is responsible for protecting the phone devices from high frequency noise on the line. In addition, the filter protects the DSL signal from being contaminated by high frequency noise added by analog phone devices or answering machines.
29. Are refunds or returns acceptable on refurbished DSL modems purchased from Tekcorner?
Our refurbished modems come with 90 days warranty.
30. Will my service be affected if I cancel my landline?
If you have regular ADSL service with us, not Dry DSL and your phone line information is changed (you cancel your phone line, switch to another phone line provider, get a new phone number from the same phone line provider) you need to inform us about the changes. As we provide service through your phone line, we need to have up-to-date information about your phone line.
31. I didn’t find the answer I was looking for here. How Do I get more help?
If you require any information that is not covered in this FAQ page, please feel free to contact our support team. They will help you out with any additional questions you may have!